Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pattern Testing/Review

I have been missing in action for a while and hated it.  I am back now and have been doing some testing for some awesome designers.  I just love pattern testing. I'm also planning on working on some patterns that I have had stored in my computer for a while and are begging to come out and play.  So stay tuned for lots of posts to come.

Let's start with the first pattern test from Whimsy Couture, this test was done back in March but I was working full time then and didn't get a chance to blog about it. The pattern was super easy to follow, it was the Ladies Shirred Skirt.  I am looking at her website right now and it seems she has dropped the prices really low right now so if you want to go and check out her website just click on the link above.

I made the short version of the skirt and it was officially my first time shirring which made me really scared but this is why I love testing patterns, I learn new techniques and it makes me fee like a pro.  It did take some trial and error before I was able to get the hang of it but the pictures and instructions help a lot.

Here are the pictures of the skirt all done.  My trusty 15 year old is always there to save the day for pictures of me.


 I really love the length of this skirt and how comfy it feels when I wear it.  I will definetly be making more once summer gets here again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment