Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pattern test for Jilly Atlanta

Hello today I am sharing a wonderful pattern test I did last week.  I was so excited to be part of this test as the top/dress is darling.  The pattern is called Jilly Cali Top/Dress which you can find here.
The pattern is for sizes 2T to 6 and based on the measurements my little one got away with wearing a size 3T.  She is tiny and it feels weird to have my almost 5 year old wear a size 3 but the fit is perfect.
We are so happy with the end result that we have fabric picked out for the next one.
I worked on a dress length and 3/4 sleeves.  The construction of the garment was easy if you don't make mistakes like I did but it happens.  The best thing for me about this pattern was how easy it was to put it together and the option of doing a French Seam, that's awesome if you have kids with sensory issues. It doesn't require a lot of fabric and you can add trim or lace to it to make a more sophisticated look.  A lot of the pattern testers came up with awesome versions of it and of course they leave me wishing I had come up with their ideas but I can always follow their example.
Please check out the rest of her patterns they are so cute and unique.  It was an honor to work with this designer and looking forward to many more.


 A close look at the awesome top front of the dress.  The construction of this part was one of my favorites, it came together perfectly.


 Some times you get a real smile.
Doesn't the dress look perfect?
If you want to see another version from another tester head over to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment