Monday, June 16, 2014

Ladies' Hip Hop Tank test/review

I am so excited to share today what I worked on for myself. Ever since I found out that the USA had ready made patterns for people to sew up on their own I could not stop thinking about making myself my own clothes, but more on that at different time.  I have tried several paper patterns thorough out the years and since discovering the world of PDF patterns my life has changed.  I still use paper patterns but some times it is really hard to find one that will have the right fit.
I was brave enough to be a tester for a lovely designer from Love Notions Sewing Patterns and it was very fun to do so, I don't regret trying it.
She came up with a little girl's version of it a while back and it was a big hit so she came up with the ladies version of it.  When I tested for her she had the ruffled option as View D and it was really easy to do.  I am a little sad that the option is not there anymore but the new pattern will come with a simple color block option and that is OK too.
This was a super top secret pattern since it is going to be part of the new Bundleup Sale coming out this Friday, you can check out some details on their link.
We were told today that we could share our pictures from the test so here are mine.  I wanted to do a top for my 14 year old daughter but she is so picky about clothes and she said no.... but that's OK.
Her patterns are awesome and I know that I mentioned it before but I truly love the fact that you can print the one size you are going to work on... it is a great ink saver and less confusing to cut and put together.  I love wearing modest clothing and with this pattern although it's called the Ladies' Hip Hop Tank, it comes with the options of adding cap sleeves.  The possibility are endless with the pattern, the fit is simply amazing and as soon as I was done sewing it up I tried it on and was ready to go.  My daughter took pictures of me wearing it, I was so excited but am also very awkward when it comes to pictures so excuse the weird faces.
Thank you again Tami for letting me test for you!!
 Years ago I found this necklace at a craft fair, it's from my country of Guatemala and I never felt I could wear it, that it until now.  It is the perfect match for this top.
 Yeah I need a lesson on how to model lol.
 The back of it looks awesome. I got some nice light weight material and it feels so good with the breeze.
 Close up of the neckline and my necklace again.  Below you can appreciate the  color block  effect, I simply love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment